argoTrackPilot is the world's first automatic track-keeping system for inland vessels along pre-defined guiding lines. argoTrackPilot embodies the next logical step toward an autonomous vessel beyond autopilots (ROT controllers).
argoTrackPilot ensures that the vessel remains on the guiding line during all weather and light conditions. The skipper is alleviated from tiring routine work during navigation. The skipper takes action only when necessary by choosing an appropriate offset to the guiding line.
Das sagen Kunden:
These figures speak for themselves. Check our our Top Ten lists to find out how many hours our customers have used the argoTrackPilot.
Stress reduction of the skipper
Reduction of fuel consumption & material wear
We are compatible with all major ECDIS and autopilot manufacturers represented in Europe. GPS from JRC or FURUNO? Both no problem for our argoTrackPilot!
Flexible variant without necessary console installations,
touch display and buttons retrofittable
Variant with touch display and buttons
Variant with touch display and buttons
Did you know?
Our argoTrackPilot is now available as a license model in an annual subscription!
- Guiding lines adjustable by the skipper
- Optimized guiding lines possible depending on loading conditions and water levels in order to lower fuel consumption
- Easy adjustment of offset to guiding line for passing and meeting of other vessels
- Predictive navigation through guiding line analysis
- Interface to all commonly used autopilots:
- AlphaPilot MF und AlphaTrioPilot MF, MK2 from Alphatron
- Titan/Sigma/Falcon P503 MK II from RadioZeeland
- RiverPilot S3 and ST49 from SchwarzTechnik
- Navmate Autopilot
- Veth Autopilot
- Less rudder action through predictive navigation
- Small deviation from guiding line during all weather and light conditions
- Result of 30 years of research and testing on various inland vessels
- Perfectly suitable as an extension to all commonly used ECDIS:
- argoRadarPilot and RADARpilot720° from Argonav
- Navigis River from Tresco Engineering
- Periskal Inland ECDIS Viewer
- Certified hardware: DNV GL, LR, ABS, BV, NK, KR, RINA
argoTracks – Installation and Use
Sailing in strong winds
Here you will find a playlist of all short instructions for the argoRoutePlanner on Youtube:
argoControl Panel flex
Care to make more of your argoTrackPilot?
Service and optional modules
The argoTracks guiding line service is subject to a fee and can be subscribed to together with the maintenance contract.
The guiding lines were created in close cooperation with experienced skippers and were matched with data from partner companies (e.g. CoVadem). They are continuously maintained by our customer service.
Thanks to feedback from various skippers, we are able to constantly expand these lines and offer them for upstream and downstream trips, as well as various ship lengths and convoys.
argoTargetPilot is an additional module to argoTrackPilot and can be purchased separately.
This module makes it possible to follow the path of a vessel ahead by tracking AIS targets. To keep the list of AIS targets clear, a filtering of the possible targets takes place. The distance as well as the direction, the course and the speed of the possible target are taken into account.
Prerequisite for the use of the argoTargetPilot is the connection to an AIS device.
argoLaneWarning is an additional module to argoTrackPilot and can be purchased separately.
This module makes it possible to warn the skipper of possible collisions by means of the information from AIS targets. argoLaneWarning supports the skipper by collision warning on AIS basis and thus contributes to the increase of safety while sailing with argoTrackPilot. The threshold for "time to collision" is configurable as well as the distance threshold and the additional width.
Prerequisite for the use of the argoLaneWarning is the connection to an AIS device.
To detect a possible collision, the argoTrackPilot compares the position of all AIS targets with the currently selected track. The schematic representation is intended to illustrate which targets are detected as possible collisions (red) and which are not (green).
Also works when offset from the actual guiding line
– argoLaneWarning remains reliable.
+++ NEW +++ argoRoutePlanner
The argoRoutePlanner is our latest optional module. It offers comprehensive route planning, taking your own draught into account. The unloading depth and safety margin can be individually adjusted. Create an optimal route for your unloading situation with just a few clicks - there is no need to load multiple tracks over long distances. Thanks to a color-coded route, you can estimate your unloading depth on the Rhine in comparison to the guaranteed water depth.
The module is operated via the familiar argoTracks map view and is available for all argoTrackPilot versions.
argoDataPortal is a comprehensive solution for the monitoring of inland vessels, single as well as up to entire fleets.
It records and stores all common signals on board inland vessels and transfers them to a central server via a secure connection. Both instantaneous values and historical data can be viewed and evaluated via a web interface.
Better planning through live data
Preventive maintenance through long-term analysis
Zugang für Firmen zur Wartung nur auf bestimmte Bereiche
1 Ruderlageanzeiger, 2 Wendeanzeiger, 3 Autopilot, 4 ECDIS, 5 GPS-Empfänger, 6 Ladungsmesser,
7 Strömungssensor, 8 Bugstrahlantrieb, 9 Echolot, 10 Tankanzeige, 11 Motor, 12 Ruderanlage
- Black Box with data base located ashore
- Analysis of navigation behavior for fuel consumption reduction
- Evaluation of historical measurement data for maintenance planning, e.g. exhaust gas temperature
- Monitoring of measurement data using limits
- Intuitive overview of live data such as fleet position
- Customer specific graphical representation in the form of classical gauges or time plots
- openVPN encrypted connection between vessels and data base, certified by TÜV
- Galvanical separation from vessel
- Engine data via J1939 or MODBUS
- GPS receiver via NMEA0183 or NMEA2000
- ROT indicator via analog input or NMEA0183
- Rudder angle indicator via analog input or NMEA0183
- Loading meter by Sygo, tank level indicator, wind meter, river current sensor, temperature gauge, etc.
- Customized display of live data and historical data of the entire fleet